The Winston is a semi-private club. Non-members may reserve a tee time up to 4 days in advance. The driving range is also open to the public.
With tee boxes ranging from 5401 to 7037 yards, The Winston offers a fun and challenging course for golfers of all levels.
2020 Public Golf Rates (Including GST)
ADULT GREEN FEES
18 Holes - $98.00
9 Holes - $52.00
JUNIOR GREEN FEES
18 Holes - $40.00
9 Holes - $25.00
With Power Cart: $67.50
SUPER TWILIGHT GOLF
With Power Cart: $40.00
POWER CART RENTALS
18 Holes - $20.00
9 Holes - $14.00
All-Day Pass: $20.00
Annual Pass: $500.00
The Winston Golf Club is a semi-private club conveniently located just minutes from downtown Calgary at the junction of Deerfoot Trail and 16th Avenue North (QE2 and Trans Canada highways). With Nose Creek flowing between the front and back nine, The Winston is a city-center oasis of water, mature trees, greens, and gardens.
First opened to the public as the Regal in 1923, the golf course has matured over ninety years to become one of the finest in the area. The course has seen many changes in its day including a major re-design completed in 1992 by renowned golf architect Les Furber.
Today, the maturity of the well-maintained course adds to its allure. Tree lined fairways, abundant water hazards, and many well-placed bunkers offer a beautiful challenge to golfers of all skill levels. The championship 18-hole course plays between 5,401 and 7,037 yards from four sets of tees. There is a driving range, two putting greens and a short game practice area. View The Winston scorecard for more course details.
The Winston Golf Shop is open year round and welcomes the public to come in and check out the latest in golf equipment, clothing, accessories, and unique gift and specialty items. The Golf Shop staff also have extensive experience with corporate and customized merchandise orders.
CORPORATE GOLF TOURNAMENTS
From May through September, The Winston opens the course every Thursday to group tournaments of up to 144 golfers. Many groups return year after year for the exceptional golf, great hospitality, and fabulous food. Find out how easy and fun it is to have The Winston host your corporate tournament. Download the 2021 Corporate Tournament Package.
- Soft spikes only.
- Jeans are not permitted on the course, driving range or putting greens.
- Shirts for men must have a collar. Women's tops may have a collar with no sleeves or no collar with sleeves. All shorts must have an inseam of no less than six inches with a finished hem.
- Sports caps and men's hats must be removed while in the clubhouse restaurants and meeting rooms.
- All players must register in the Golf Shop at least 10 minutes before their tee time and check in with the Starter at the 1st tee before playing.
- For the benefit of all players, The Winston adheres to an 18-hole Pace of Play maximum of 4 hours and 10 minutes.
- RCGA rules govern all play. Local rules are on the back of the printed score card available in the Pro Shop.
- Members and guests are expected to conduct themselves in a socially acceptable manner; swearing and boisterous conduct will not be tolerated. Intoxicated persons will not be permitted on club property.
- City of Calgary bylaws prohibit smoking in any of the club buildings or within 5 meters (15 feet) of any entrance to the Clubhouse, Golf Shop or Halfway House.
- All used smoking materials are a fire hazard - do not discard used smoking materials anywhere except in ashtrays provided outside club buildings and on the course.
- Every person who uses the golf course does so at their own risk and are responsible for any damage they cause to person and property whether inadvertent, on purpose or by accident.